Prom dress shopping is like the ultimate quest for the perfect gown – it's the magical journey everyone looks forward to! Picture yourself feeling like a total princess as you try on different dresses, either solo or with your squad.
But here's a pro tip: plan your outfit for prom dress shopping ahead of time. This way, you can breeze through the dress racks and dodge any stress that might try to crash the shopping party.
Check out our super helpful tips for prom dress shopping below to kick off your adventure in style!
Prom dress shopping is like a style adventure, and you definitely don't want to get lost in a wardrobe maze. Opt for clothes that are quick-change champions, like a comfy cotton tee and shorts or leggings. This way, you can effortlessly slip in and out of your streetwear to try on those dreamy dresses.
If you're planning to wear a bra with your prom dress, wear one to your shopping spree. That way, you'll get the full picture of how fabulous your prom look will be on the big night.
Bring along a pair of heels – perhaps your prom night stunners or something similar. Strut around in them while trying on your potential dresses to see the whole glam vision come to life. It's like a mini prom rehearsal, and you'll be runway-ready!
Here are some tips to make prom dress shopping easier so you can feel confident and stress-free on prom night:
1. Plan where you want to shop in advance. Decide on the stores and allocate time wisely. Planning ahead is key to finding the perfect dress.
2. Eat before you go shopping. It's easier to make good decisions when you're not hungry.
3. Bring friends or family with you. It's more enjoyable and helpful to have others' opinions when choosing your dress for prom.
4. Wear clothes that are easy to change out of, like comfy ones you can slip on and off easily. Also, wear shoes you can easily try on with different dresses.
5. If a store requires appointments, book ahead to get special treatment and attention.
6. Take pictures of yourself in different dresses. It helps you decide later on which one you like the most for prom night.
After narrowing down the stores you wish to visit for a prom dress, keep these tips in mind when trying on dresses to ensure you find your dream dress:
1. Ensure that the size is just right – comfort and fabulosity are non-negotiable.
2. Pay attention to how the dress fits your shoulders, waist, and its length.
3. Experiment with various necklines and dress styles like mermaid and A-line to discover what compliments your figure.
4. Decide on the type of sleeves you prefer – sleeveless, strapless, or a dance between long and short sleeves?
5. Keep in mind that alterations might be necessary, so shop with enough time for fittings if needed.
6. Choose a color that matches your style and complements your skin and hair tone.
7. Consider the comfort of the dress fabric on your body.
Don't just breeze through shopping for your dream prom gown – it's an integral part of the fun; there's no need to speed through this part. Savor the moment; it's your time to shine and find that dress that brings out your awesome features and makes you feel like the absolute best version of yourself!
For a selection of stunning dresses for prom, explore Amarra's collection. Enjoy the journey, princess!
Shop our latest collections in stores now!Store Locator
Join our newsletter and and be the first to hear about all the things we have coming your way.